Sunday 30 March 2014

YSL #52 - Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick REVIEW (My love from another star colour)

Alright... my long awaited product! Finally i got you! Wait till my neck sour already! So long but it was all worth it!

I ordered this lipstick from Taobao and i was skeptical at first. Coz i dont really know if this is a real product and also the price was marked way up high! Just because it is sold out worldwide. It is highly sought because of Jun Ji Hyun! Oh my.. she is one hell of a goddess! haha.. can really turn the world upside down huh. Once this colour appeared on her lips, it immediately became the hottest best seller! 

Well, to be really honest, initially i wanted this is because of the raves. I was influenced. O.o
I confess.. :( But then.. while i was researching online.. reading blogs and blogs, watching tons of youtube videos.. i am starting to like ysl's lipsticks. Especially the rouge volupte range of colours. I love their pigments, the smell and the textures and of course definitely the packaging. So after i bought my first YSL rouge volupte in #33, i wasn't really excited about waiting for my #52 to arrive. lol. It's like i am so indulged in my new love and i've totally forgotten about the #52 was on its way to meet me.
Package from Taobao

But well, i finally received it and i am really really happy to have it! After i tried it, i immediately know the differences between #33 and #52. Their colours are really similar... i think #33 is the closest to #52 among all other subs like #17 or #51. The 33 is definitely the closest. However #33 is from the volupte line. which means it is very very pigmented and creamy.. unlike the rouge pur couture line... which is less creamy.
Very pretty colour! YSL #52!

Nice classy packaging as well! The gold is just so pretty.

When i had my #33 on, i was actually thinking, if only it wasn't that creamy. Would be the perfect lipstick which i ever had! Because of the highly pigmented texture, i tend to eat it unknowingly.. and also i kept worrying that it wont stay on my lips. So, i just have to keep checking on my lips whether the colour is still there or did it smudge? is it uneven... etc...
After the arrival of my 52 rouge pur couture, hands down to it! Definitely better than my 33. Though i still love the both of them... but if you want a less creamy but very pigmented and at the same time moisturizing (without looking too moisturizing/oily) , YSL rouge pur couture is definitely the one!
ahh.. i just love them... my favourite lipsticks so far...
hehe im in my sleeping clothes. i just love them. They are soooo comfy that i dont care. :p
I am without any make up while i try the 52 on... see how it brightens up my whole face! Its definitely a nice colour. BUT, 33 could do the job as well! :) So far, these are the only lipsticks which could light up my whole yellowy face! And i am loving them to bits.. i can see myself using them in the future! :) Hope the trends die down soon so they wont be always off the shelves! :p hehe mean me.

I guess.. this would not be the end of my lipstick addiction... or maybe its the beginning of my make up addiction.. ><haha..

My wishlist as of 31-March 2014:
- a good foundation ( im looking at LancĂ´me Mat Miracle 24h Foundation, heard great reviews about it... especially when i knew it's designed for ASIAN SKIN)
- NARS lipstick in Schiap ( I want to look at it and try it.. just want to check if it is almost the same as my MAC candy yum yum since it was so highly sought as well)
- beauty blender ( the pink eggy sponge which is used to blend liquid foundation, bbcream, any creams - also super highly recommended by a lot of professionals and beauty gurus on youtube)
- Laniege skincare ( recommended by my cousie. When i heard that she said after she used their products, her pores became smaller! oh well, i NEED that ! So i will go and check it out)

Oh ya, btw, about the YSL #52, i paid a hefty $70 for it! Dammit! Taobao sells it at 55 but the shipping is 15. So all in all, 70 bucks. Worth it or not? Well, i would say no. It's not worth it because you could actually get 2 similar colours from YSL ranges as well. Be it from the volupte or Pur couture line. Because their colours are really really similar...... very close.  To me, i will just forget about ordering for 52 on such a ridiculous price. Well, i ordered it at first because i didnt know the original price. I was like 50 for a lipstick, is it reasonable? Because i didnt compare or research or anything, so i just bought it on impulse while i was on taobao.

After owning the product, i was actually thinking.. i could just wait for it to arrive Singapore after 2 months. Because i had so many other lipsticks, whats the point of getting another one immediately.
haha.. but then.. i WANT it.. although i DONT NEED it.
well, what could i say.. im a girl! :p

GIRLS are like that......
^_____________^

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed that 52 PRC is really close to volupte 33, so I bought volupte 33 on a whim because rpc 52 was out of stock :(( is rpc 52 really better than volupte 33 ? i've been wondering that for quite a while now. I pre ordered 52 already but not too sure because the color is too close to 33.

    ReplyDelete